Steps to take when Bitten by a Dog
- Seek appropriate medical attention
- Write down a description of the dog, including the breed.
- Find out the name, address and phone number of the dog owner and/or who was in control of the dog at the time of the bite.
- Obtain name, address and phone number of any witnesses,
along with alternate contact information. Witness include those who saw the dog bite you and those that saw the dog bite anyone else. Witnesses can also include those that witnessed the aftermath of the event in question.
- Take photographs of the injury.
- Call me at (503) 238-1010, preferably before you give a statement to any insurance agency.
- Report the incident to the animal control agency in your county.
- If the dog is a known dangerous dog with a history of attacking people, it may be appropriate to make a police report, especially in the event of serious injury or death, as the owner may be guilty of a crime. See ORS 609.098.
Multnomah County Animal Control
Clackamas County Animal Control
Phone: (503) 655-8628
Emergency Phone: (503) 655-8211
Washington County Animal Control
Linn County Dog Control
Lane County Animal Control
Marion County Dog Control
If you live anywhere in Marion County, except in the cities of Stayton, Sublimity, and Woodburn, call Dog Control at 503-588-5366, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. If you live in Stayton or Sublimity, call 503-769-3421, or in Woodburn, call 503-982-2345.
City of Bend Animal Control 693-6911
City of Redmond Animal Control 693-6911
Deschutes County Animal Control 693-6911